What is Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)?
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder common among women of reproductive age. Women with PCOS may have irregular or prolonged menstrual periods or excess male hormone (androgen) levels. The ovaries may build up numerous little collections of fluid (follicles) and be unsuccessful to frequently release eggs
- Irregular periods or no periods at all.
- Difficulty getting pregnant
- Unwarranted hair growth (hirsutism)
- Weight gain.
- Thinning hair and hair loss.
- Oily skin or acne.
Diet and Lifestyle
- Eat High-Fiber Vegetables With each Meal. like broccoli, kale, and spinach can help fighting insulin resistance and reduce weight.
- Eat The Right Amount of Protein.
- Yoga and Pranayam ( Specially Yoni Mudra )
- Sound Sleep
- Do Exercise regularly
Avoid Foods Like
- All High Calories foods
- Sugar drink like Cold drinks
- Food Like cookies, cakes, and candy
- Food made by white flour like pasta, bread
- Vegetables like Potatoes, corn, peas, etc
- Ayurvedic texts point out the occurrence of Shukra dhatu in both men and women. Shukra dhatu plays a very important role in maintaining the health of the reproductive system. Shukra dhatu can be considered as a intermingle of androgen (male hormone) and estrogen (female hormone).
- Any imbalance in women Shukra dhatu can reason infertility and leads to excess production of male hormone and appearance of cysts in the ovaries
Yogasana helps in PCOS
- Balasana ( Child Pose )
- Bhadrakonasana ( Butterfly Pose )
- Nauokasana ( Boat Pose )
- Dhanurasana ( Bow Pose )
- Marjaryasana and Bitilasana (Cat and Cow pose)
- Chakki Chalanasana
Ayurvedic Herbs which helps to get rid of PCOS
- Varunadi Kashaya
- Yastimadhu( Mulethi)
- Cinnamon ( Dalchini )
- Fenugreek ( Methi ) etc.