Gastritis is an inflammation, irritation or erosion of the lining of the stomach. Gastritis is a common form of Gastrointestinal distress. It happens when the membrane along the stomach wall starts to deteriorate. Once this deterioration occurs, stomach acid can cause harm and germ starts to take over, because of this the stomach protective lining gets irritated and inflamed.
Causes of Gastritis:
- Excessive use of alcohol
- More intake of spicy, oily and stale food.
- Chronic vomiting
- Excessive use of Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Inappropriate dietary regimen
- Helicobacter Pylori-is a bacteria that lives is the mucous lining of the stomach, if not treated the infection can lead to an ulcer.
- Bile reflux – a backflow of the bile into the stomach from the bile tract.
Symptoms of Gastritis:
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach Bloating
- Frequent Hiccup
- Nausea and vomiting
- Pain in the upper part of the abdomen
- If gastritis is causing bleeding from the inner lining of the stomach then symptoms may include- black stool or stool with blood vomiting blood or coffee –ground-like material
PRINCIPLES OF TREATMENTS: Home Remedies:
- Basil leaves: the soothing property of basil leaves give instant relief
- Fennel (Sauf): chew fennel after every meal to prevent acidity
- Buttermilk: It contains lactic acid that normalizes acidity in the stomach
- Cumin seeds (JEERA): It is a great acid neutralizer and improves digestion.
- Coconut Water: It helps in digestion (Deepak and pachaka) and also produce mucous in your stomach which protects the stomach to the harmful effect of excessive acid production.
- Banana intake: it contains natural antacid that can act as a buffer against acid reflux.
- Avoid eating outside food/ spicy and oily food
- Avoid alcohol and smoking
- Avoid stress and night awakening
- No intake of tea, coffee, sour and carbonated drinks.
- Shankh Vati
- Lasunadi Vati
- Kamdugha Rasa
- Guduchi Kashayam
- Trikatu churna
(for any medication kindly consult your doctor)