— Healthy Ageing
Are you scared of approaching menopause?
Do you have fear of having sleepless nights, hot flushes, bad joint pains, mood swings, and many more?
Menopause is a stage when you don’t observe the menstrual cycle for a period of one year due to hormonal changes. It brings series of symptoms mentioned above and also problems like cramps in legs, unable to hold urine, urge to urinate in the middle of the night, loss of sexual desire, stress, anxiety, and even depression. As per Ayurveda, Menopause is just a transition phase of your life.
Childhood phase is a phase of ‘Kapha’growing stage, then comes Pitta phase ‘adulthood and old age is Vata phase. So a woman enters into Vata phase from the phase of Pitta. So she shows signs of Vata and Pitta. Joint Pains, fatigue, constipation, Insomnia etc and Pitta signs like Frequent Urinary tract Infection, hyperacidity, irritability, anger etc.
To manage, this Transition Phase; Simple Thumb Rule is ‘ Balance your Bodily Doshas with Diet and Lifestyle’
● DIET: Eat well from age 30 onwards to prevent deficiencies which aggravate at Menopause
● Do not eat cold, dry, stale food as it causes constipation.
● Always take warm liquids, soups, smooth textured, freshly cooked food.
● Do not skip meals.
● Eat the largest meal in lunch when Pitta ‘ Agni’ is heavy.
● Try to sleep before 10 PM as late night awakening aggravates Vata.
● mild exercise.
● Walk gently, for half of your stamina.
Massage your body regularly with medicated oils.
Panchkarma: observe once in a year for detoxification and to rejuvenate your system.
Meditation: Regularly meditate to manage your stress.
Rasayana: herbs for longevity.
One Should consume to revitalize your body. They help to fight against aging and diseases.
1 Shatavari helps to cope with hormonal imbalances.
2. Ashwagandha: combats stress, insomnia, pacify Vata.
3. Moringa: A natural source of multivitamins.